Tuesday, October 9, 2007

HW 18: Least Favorite Blog

When asked to pick three blogs to watch, I was upset that I one of my blogs was probably going to have to be all about women. I picked Jezebel, reluctantly, and haven’t looked at it unless it’s necessary. However, every time I check out the blog site, I find something worth reading, and then worth getting mad over. Homework 18 is the perfect assignment to check out Jezebel for something that upsets me. Sure enough, the first post I saw on Jezebel is the one I’m most upset about. http://jezebel.com/gossip/unpretty-in-pink/my-bracelet-bra-care-deeply-about-cancer-308723.php was the first and worst blog I found today. The blog takes shots at The National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. “Unfortunately, in the minds of our nation's crap-pushers, this means it's time to sell breast cancer-branded paraphernalia…” This is offensive to me and I don’t have breast cancer, obviously, and I don’t even know anyone personally who has breast cancer. These cynical people find the worst ways to bring down something so influential to millions. The article says that this month and event is becoming Valentine’s Day; with the only purpose of it is to make money. Even though millions of victims of the cancer are being helped even more this month, the blog feels that it’s wrong to show support by purchasing the infamous pink bracelets. I cannot believe that someone would oppose this incredible fundraiser. Showing support for victims is the least we can do. Unfortunately, some just don’t understand it yet.

1 comment:

Tracy Mendham said...

I think Jezebel blogger Jessica supports Breast Cancer Awareness Month, just not the economics of things like the pink mailing pink Yoplait lids. She'd rather have fewer pink commodities, and more money given directly to the foundation.