Monday, October 8, 2007

HW 17: Powerful Women

After exploring many articles on Jezebel, I would have to conclude that http://jezebel.com/gossip/womynism/do-powerful-women-appeal-to-your-inner-dude-308339.php has to be my favorite of the week. I realize that the site is mainly for women who think they have something important or funny to say. But, I tried it out anyway. I thought this article was pretty funny because it got me thinking about my “inner dude,” even though I’m a dude all the time. I think that a powerful woman is intimidating, and that’s kind of appealing I guess. With power comes money, and with money comes material possessions. That is appealing to me. Being with a woman with power would spice things up a bit. I can only imagine what women want to do when they are in charge. The article also bashes Hillary Rodman Clinton, which I always find amusing. After thinking about this a second time, I change my opinion about powerful women. I do not find Hillary Clinton appealing in any way. She could have all the money and power in the world and I still wouldn’t budge. I thought that powerful women would be pretty sweet, but after imagining Hillary making me take out the garbage, I’m all set with that.