Wednesday, November 14, 2007

HW 32: Summary of Aquila Al-Hashimi

After reading Riverbends post from Sept. 19th to Oct. 5th, 2003, I found Aquila Al-Hashimi the most intriguing story. Al-Hashimi is a women who was attacked on September 20th 2003. Riverbend says that she was attacked while she was heading off to work. Her and her brothers were ambushed. She was wounded all over her body, but mainly her stomach and shoulder area. She was taken to the hospital because she was in a very critical state. They brought her to the Al-Yarmuk hospital. She was involved with many foreign affairs for Iraq. However, the gang that attacked her wasn't known. Al-Chalabi decided to investigate the ambush more, but his agenda influenced him another way. He believed that the attackers were members from Saddam Hussein and his group. It is assumed that Al-Hashimi was attacked because of the fact that she was a prominent and powerful women. Many of her male colleagues did not approve of her. Unfortunately, the assassins were never discovered, and no arrest could be made. This is a sad situation for everyone involved. If I was Al-Hashimi, I would be furious because my government could not catch my killers. And if I was Al-Chalabi I would be embarrassed and upset that I could not find a solution to the tragic problem.

No comments: